Saturday, October 8, 2011

Taste

For about ten years I have not been able to smell anything, so my ability to taste is greatly impaired as well. Whenever I read in the Bible about being able to taste it is a reminder to me that even though I can’t discern flavors on earth I can still experience God in different ways. In Deuteronomy 30:14 it says, The Word is very near to you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, so you may obey it. God’s presence and wisdom are that close.

Can you taste the Word in your mouth and feel the Spirit in your heart? – You can if you are obedient.

Psalm 34:8Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

God uses all of our senses and the psalmist here wants to illustrate the intimate nature of His relationship with us. The Lord desires this, but will not force it on us.

Trust and have faith in God – Proverbs 3:5-6; Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

God is good all the time and He is with us all the while.

Have a good and Godly day.