Monday, December 16, 2013

No Buts this Christmas

What stands in your way of living a hopeful and purposeful life for God this Christmas and throughout the year? What keeps us from being a 100% committed to Him? Why can’t we totally surrender our lives to Jesus?

 It comes down to one word - but.

I would love to worship God in all I do but…

I could spend more time at church but….

I know Christ wants me to be like Him but…

I realize that I should serve in ministry but..

I am supposed to share my faith but……

Jesus spoke to us about this in Luke 9:57-62 - 57As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go." 58Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."  59He said to another man, "Follow me."  But the man replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father." 60Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."  61 Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family." 62Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

At first glance Jesus’ words may seem harsh but they really aren’t – they are life giving! He is saying the most important thing you can do with your life is to follow Him. It may not be easy, it will probably be uncomfortable. You don’t have time to put it off concerning yourself with the things of this world. Your family and friends may never understand your faith yet Jesus begs us to follow Him.

For 2000 years Jesus has invited the world to, Follow me”. Many say I will or I wish I could but… We need to be like Peter who said, “Lord where could we go? You have the Words of life! We give up everything for You!

Will you commit yourself today to follow Him today?
 
Be wise today and always - No more excuses or “buts”