Sundays Can Surprise You! The text of the sermon for National Back to Church Sunday was Psalm 122. It's a short psalm - take a couple of minutes and read it today. It is a great testimony by David on how important going to church should be in our lives. This may come as a shock but: Sunday was meant to be the best day of your week!
David gives six great reasons why he wanted to go to church.
1. He wanted to go to church because he liked being with God’s people (v. 4a). “That’s where my tribe goes.”
2. He wanted to honor God (v. 4c). “I want to go to church to praise the name of the Lord.”
3. He wanted to do what God asked him to do (v. 4d). “I want to go to church because the statutes given to Israel told us to do that.”
4. He wanted peace for those who love God (v. 6). He just wants good things for God’s people.
5. He wanted peace because God’s people were his family and friends (v. 8). “For the sake of my family and friends,” he says.
6. He committed himself to the prosperity of the house of God (v.9)
How to Make Sunday the Best Day of Your Week:
1. Decide to let Sunday be the best day of your week.
2. Invest in your Sundays.
3. Take your next step, whatever that is.
Are you willing to make Sundays the best day of your week?