Saturday, December 12, 2015

Where Is Jesus?

There are three things we can learn from Simeon and Anna as found in Luke 2:21-40 about how have peace and contentment.

The second one is that we need to look for Christ.
We had a little nativity scene at my last church that was placed right in front of where I sat. My first Christmas there I found their tradition was that the manger was empty until Christmas Eve. No one told me so I thought Jesus was missing! Seriously it’s easy- to lose Jesus at this time of year. We must look for Jesus in what we do with our families, and truly keep Him as the reason for the season.

Simeon was looking for Jesus. He’d been promised by God and the highlight of his life is when he finally sees Jesus. Simeon prays in Luke
2:29; “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you may now dismiss your servant in peace.

What robs many people, including Christians, of the peace that Christmas can bring is that we get caught up in looking for everything but Jesus. And thus, the manger of Christmas becomes empty for us.
Where is Jesus at in your Christmas?


Today and throughout this season may we receive God’s peace. Amen?