Thursday, May 12, 2016

Change Happens

A few years ago my wife and I were walking past our local YMCA and their sign in the front yard caught our attention. It said, “Change happens here”. I understand everyone wants to get in shape and feel better. But I thought real change happens somewhere else. Something inside me wanted to pull the sign up and plant it in front of the church!

Real change happens when we accept Jesus’ gift of grace – His salvation. We need to make it personal. It feels good to say Jesus died for the world, but let’s make it more personal and say, Jesus died for me. He died for my sins. He bore my cross and pain.





Christ arrives right on time to make this happen. He didn’t, and doesn’t, wait for us to get ready. He presented himself for this sacrificial death when we were far too weak and rebellious to do anything to get ourselves ready. And even if we hadn’t been so weak, we wouldn’t have known what to do anyway. We can understand someone dying for a person worth dying for, and we can understand how someone good and noble could inspire us to selfless sacrifice. But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him. (Romans 5:6-8 The Message)
Praise the Lord!
Maybe we need to make our own sign to wear; Real change happened here – Really!
Don’t miss God’s grace – allow it to change you forever.

Amen?