Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Setting Goals

Please spend time contemplating and praying about these ideas from The Daniel Plan.

FIVE REASONS WHY I NEED TO SET PERSONAL GOAL 

1.   Goal setting is a spiritual discipline.
      “God plans to bring all of history to its goal in Christ. Then Christ will be the head of everything in heaven and on earth!” Eph.1:10 (GW)

2.   Goals focus my energy.
      “I do not run without a goal. I fight like a boxer who is hitting something—not just the air.”      1 Cor. 9:26 (NCV)
      “Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.” Eph. 5:16 (NLT)

3.   Goals stretch my faith.
       “According to your faith will it be done to you.” Matt. 9:29
      “Everything that does not come from faith is sin.” Rom.14:23

4. Goals build my character.
      Paul: “I do not claim that I’ve already succeeded or have already become perfect. I keep striving toward the goal for which Christ Jesus has won me to himself.” Phil. 3:12 (TEV)
      “Then we will be mature, just as Christ is, and we will be completely like him.” Eph. 4:13 (CEV)

5.   Goals give me hope.
      Job: “I do not have the strength to endure. I do not have a goal that encourages me to carry on.” Job 6:11 (NLT)
      “The plans I have for you are plans to prosper you, not to harm you. They are plans to give you hope and a future.” Jer. 29:11 (NIV) 


I hope you are encouraged to do something to make your life healthier and happier. God desires you to be your best, and will help you. I will restore your health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord. - Jeremiah 30:17 

Change your life today, and set some goals. Amen?