Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Service

A great question to ask ourselves at the beginning of a new year is, What does God want from me, and How do I know I am doing what Jesus wants me to do?

I am reminded of the following story. A little girl had been trying for months to learn the art of tying her shoes. She finally grasped the knack and could do it by herself. Her parents expected the child to be delighted, but were surprised by her disappointment. Her father asked why she was crying. She sobbed, "I just learned how to tie my shoes." He said, "That’s wonderful, Honey, but why are you crying?" She replied, "Because now I’ll have to do it all by myself for the rest of my life."

Christ followers are like this little girl in that, now that you know the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, you have the responsibility to serve Him. His body of believers exists solely to serve the Lord our God, and to follow His command to “Go and do likewise”.

Spend time today talking with God about what steps you need to take to serve Him better this year. Amen?