Saturday, January 14, 2012

Praise


At the end of Jesus’ time here on earth he entered Jerusalem for Passover with great celebration. The religious leaders confronted Jesus, and told Him to make the people stop shouting out praises to Him. I love His answer as found in Luke 19:40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

I bet they didn’t expect that answer! Of course it made them hate Him more, and planned His murder. Some things haven’t changed that much over time. The world doesn’t want us shouting praise or sharing the Good News that salvation is near. They want us to be quiet.

How would Jesus respond to that?

He doesn’t change, so I’d expect the same answer, “I tell you the truth if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

I’m not going to let any rock out praise me. Will you?

Be wise today and always.