Tuesday, May 7, 2013

True Hope

Once the people understood that Jeremiah had been telling the truth they realized there was as much hope as doom and gloom in it. Jeremiah 29:10-14 gives us a foundation of hope for the future.

God’s Word – (We have the Bible to guide us)

This is what the LORD says:

Completion of exile (God forgives but there are always consequences from sin)

When seventy years are completed for Babylon,

God’s promise (Future hope = Present hope)

I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place.

God’s plan (God is in control)

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,

God has our future in mind (He wants good things for His children)

Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Our response to God’s goodness (We must react to His goodness and love)

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Cause and Effect (We must seek God with all we have)

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Godly outcome (He holds the future)

I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Be wise today and always – apply God’s promises to your life.