Monday, March 7, 2016

Intentionally Focused


In order to live an Intentionally focused life for God we must be focused. Our focus is what separates us from going through life accidentally.  Colossians 3:2 says, “set our minds on things above”.  This leads to “This one thing I do.” as found in one of Paul’s letters to the church.
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
We all know we must have focus to be a success in life. Why not focus on God things? Especially in areas of spiritual growth and intentional living for Christ.
Here are three ideas we can take away from this passage.
1. Define your goal and move forward as it defines you. “This one thing I do” (3:13)
2. Be passionate about life’s priorities “I press” (3:14)
3. Know where you are going. “Toward the goal for the prize” (3:14) (goal in Greek is skopos. It's where we get our word, scope, aim for the bull’s eye)
Is intentionally living for Christ your focus and goal?
Focus on Christ and He will put your life priorities in order. Amen?