Monday, August 22, 2016

Blogging Away

Today is my five-year anniversary of writing a blog every day. In fact, today is my 1,853rd published blog. Some of you know the back story of why I started. For years I always talked about writing a book, but never had the time. A friend challenged me one day and asked, “How much did you write today”. Even a little but on a consistent basis would be a good start. So, I started journaling every day. The same friend later asked me if I was ready to be published. I had a journal not a “book”. He asked if I ever thought of blogging. I didn’t even know what a blog was. A week later, August 22, 2011, he set me up on blogspot, and here I am five years later. A lot has happened.
In this time period I’ve had 3 grandchildren born, moved back to the Midwest, buried my Father, left Red Bank, came to Hopewell, walked through cancer with my wife, 3 children were married, went on mission trips to Haiti, Brazil, and Thailand, ministered with BGEA, placed my Mom in nursing care, experienced hurricane Sandy, 4 pneumonias, 5 Summits, preached over 250 times, prayed constantly, laughed and cried, and had lots of God moments!
Through all of these (and many more) life experiences I began to wonder if I had any more to write about or if anyone actually cared if I wrote or not. About a week ago I decided that this would be my last blog for a while… but God had different plans. On the same morning last week, I had an old friend share a prayer request but told me she read my blog every day and it helped her deal with life… (I didn’t know she even knew I blogged). A new friend told me that God used a recent message to clarify a decision she had needed to make for a long time. Hmm…
Ok I get it. It’s not about me – it’s about God. As my life verse says, “Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
I will be joyful with all He has given me, pray continually for His perfect will, thank and praise Him for the life I have. Thanks for reading and living the Jesus life with me. Amen?