Friday, September 30, 2016

Sheep Business

Believe it or not for a short time in my life I was a shepherd! Okay, not in the traditional sense, but I did own and care for two pregnant ewes for six months. I learned a lot about them. First of all, sheep are pretty helpless and really do depend on their owner for all their needs. Secondly, sheep aren’t very bright. They could turn their face to the corner of the stall and start crying (baaa-ing), because they thought they were lost. So then I read what Jesus said in John 10:10, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."

Hmmm I guess that says a lot about our relationship, and the sheep/shepherd one. We depend on Jesus for all our needs, and without Him we’re lost. I’m glad He loves and cares for us aren’t you?
I just want to be a sheep. Amen?