Monday, September 5, 2016

Working


I like Labor Day. Hopefully you are not too busy to stop and think what this day means. It’s a day to honor workers! I think God honors our work for Him. Here are the seven verses in the New Testament that contain the word, “working”. Read and learn the essence of how work plays in to God’s kingdom.

In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” John 5:17

There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. 1 Corinthians 12:6

I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. Ephesians 3:7

having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead. Colossians 2:12

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, Colossians 3:23

I vouch for him that he is working hard for you and for those at Laodicea and Hierapolis. Colossians 4:13

You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. James 2:22

Keeping working for Jesus. Amen?