Thursday, June 28, 2018

Sunglasses

My son blesses me with glasses! In each of my cars I have a prescription pair of clear lens and a pair of sunglasses. They come in quite handy for seeing clearly when I drive! I also keep a regular pair of sunglasses in my car to use outside. A few weeks ago, I noticed that my vision wasn’t what it should be and thought to myself I should have my eyes checked. It came to a head one day when wearing my aviator’s - things were just not clear! 

I sat in the Walmart parking lot considering how things could have turned so bad. I looked out without my glasses then with – No Change! Then I remembered the other pair in my storage compartment. They looked almost identical. When I put them on my vision problem was no more. Everything was now clear!

This mistake caused me to think about looking through the wrong lens in life. It won’t be clear and might be a bit disturbing. But clarity comes with the truth of God’s Word, and the direction of the Holy Spirit. 

They read from the Book of the Law of God, making it clear and giving the meaning so that the people understood what was being read”. – Nehemiah 8:8 This is God’s desire for all His children to have clarity through the lens of the Bible. “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” – Psalm 119:105

So, if your “vision” isn’t what it ought to be, make an appointment today to use the proper lens that God has provided.