This week we are looking in Colossians 1:24-28 to see the attributes of how Paul models God’s heart to the world. The third thing that is required is to have the Heart of the message. We see this in verses 26-27: the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people.27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
The Message says it like this: The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, so therefore you can look forward to sharing in God’s glory. It’s that simple.
Six things we can learn about the mystery:
1. We have one faith in common in Christ Jesus.
2. Salvation has been fulfilled by Jesus Christ. There is nothing we need to do accept believe.
3. The blessings that come from our salvation are experienced by those who belong to Him by faith
4. The hope of glory is for all eternity, and eternal hope = present hope.
5. This relationship with Christ results in hope toward the possibilities of this life prior to Christ’s return.
6. God does not promise us worldly happiness but eternal hope and joy in our salvation.
Remember that Christ is in all believers – share His glory. Amen?