Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Who's the Boss?


In Colossians 1:24-28 we see the attributes of how Paul models God’s heart to the world. The first thing that is required is to have the Heart of a servant. We see this in verse 24: Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

Throughout the New Testament you hear him say, I  Paul have become a servant. His identity and life is consumed with sharing the Gospel.

All believers are called to serve & proclaim the Gospel story of Jesus. The issue is not merely to serve Christ, but to serve like Christ. This kind of servant leadership is characterized by setting aside any interest in social standing or political power and submitting to others in order to share their burdens.  Then we can share Christ.

Serve God by sharing His Word. Amen?