Sunday, July 5, 2015

Jesus' Freedom

Jesus Gives Us Freedom! Use the acronym F.R.E.E.D.O.M. to discover what the bible has to say on the subject.
Friend – Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. 18:24 - A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Redeemer – Galatians 3:13-14 – Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. Job 19:25 - I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
Enabler- Leviticus 26:13 -  I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high. Philippians’ 3:20-21 - our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Everlasting – Deuteronomy 33:27 – The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Jeremiah 31:3 - The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
Deliverer –  Psalm 18:2 -  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 40:17 - Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.
Overcomer – John 16:33 -  “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” Matthew 16:18 - And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
Master – Matthew 6:24 – “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. 23:8-12 - “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called ‘teacher,’ for you have one Teacher, the Christ. The greatest among you will be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Have you allowed Christ to set you free?