Wednesday, January 27, 2016

In Christ


In this Sunday's message  I gave Three Intentional Steps to be "In". The first one is that we have to be: In Christ. Here are four Scriptures in dealing with this all important step.

  1. God assures me of my salvation, "That if you confess with your mouth that, "Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9). Salvation is "in Christ" alone.
  2. God assures me of staying saved, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." (John 10:28). Jesus gives us assurance that we are permanently "in" His family.
  3. God assures me of forgiveness, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9). This is part of the "in process" of maturing in our faith.
  4. God assures me that He will never leave me, "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:20). He is "in" our lives for eternity.
Praise God that all believers are "in" Christ? Amen?