Saturday, February 25, 2012

Be Prepared


Today we continue looking at material from 40 Days in the Word. If we want to grow we must ask ourselves the question: HOW  CAN I PREPARE TO SEE WHAT GOD WANTS ME TO SEE? Or How Can I Open The Eyes of my Heart?

          1. BEGIN A RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS - Until I trust him for my salvation, I’m spiritually blind.
          1 Corinthians 2:14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.”                          
          John 3:3 Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."    

          2. ASK GOD IN FAITH TO OPEN MY EYES
          Psalm 119:18 “Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your Law!” - It’s a wonder-filled book. – I must ask      
JAMES 1:5-6 “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt.”       

          3. COME WITH A HUMBLE ATTITUDE (Be teachable)
          Psalm 25:9 “He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.”                                                                    
Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart  and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”             

          4. CLEANSE MY HEART OF SIN & CONFLICT
          1 John 2:11Whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness; he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him.”         

                   5. COMMIT IN ADVANCE TO DO WHAT GOD SAYS
                    It has to be an unqualified obedience.
Psalm 119:33-34 “Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end.  Give me understanding, and I will keep your law  and obey it with all my heart.”                 
          Whatever you show me, in Your Word, I’m going to ACT on it!

Be wise today and always – be prepared in the Word.