Sunday, September 22, 2013

God's Answer

My love for the book of Jeremiah started in August of 2011. I was at the Global Leadership Summit and one of the speakers quoted from the book. It's probably not the one you are thinking of. We all know and sometimes cling to God's promise in Jeremiah 29:11 -” “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

But the verse they shared was Jeremiah 33:3 -  Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ This one verse started me on a 2+ year journey in to the teaching and wisdom found in this incredible Old Testament writing. I would love for you to come along side me over the next nine weeks as I blog, teach, and preach Lessons for Life from Jeremiah.

The next two verses the Lord led me to were:

Jeremiah 15:16 - When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, LORD God Almighty.
Jeremiah 17:7 - “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
In this fallen world we live in we need this hope that can only come from God. May we call out to God and listen to His great answer of unsearchable things. Amen?
Be wise today and always - consume His Word with joy and be blessed.