Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Seeking Prayer

Solomon shares a great key to wisdom and understanding in Proverbs 2:1-5: 
My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you,  turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding— indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,  then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

A Prayer for Seeking After God*

Dear Father God,
   I want to know you as you promised in your word. Thank you for sending your Son to save me and your Holy Spirit to guide me in your wisdom. Thank you that you want to know me even more than I want to know you. Thank you for the love you extend to me every day. Father, I want to walk in that love.
   I admit that I do not have the wisdom on my own to accomplish all that you have put in my heart to do in this lifetime. I need your guidance to walk every step of every day of my life.
   Thank you for the promises in your Word to help me accomplish the dreams you have given me, and that I can have confidence that you will do exactly as you have said you will do.
   Father, I want to seek you as Solomon did, I ask that you will answer and show up in my life just as you did in his. I also ask that you will show me more clearly your dreams and purposes for my life and that you will give me your wisdom to fulfill all you show me. I offer my praise and thanksgiving to you and ask these things in Jesus’ name. Amen.

The Word, Jesus is near - He is always with you. Are you always with Him? 

Accept His Grace and Wisdom.


* Adapted from The Prayer of Solomon, by Bethany House