Thursday, February 20, 2014

Power Made Perfect

Where is God’s grace when we’re hurting? Look at Paul’s testimony in 2 Corinthians 12:7–10. “I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:7)
Old Testament reminders.
“I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Joshua 1:5)
For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you.” (Deuteronomy 4:31)
Sustaining grace does not promise the absence of struggle but the presence of God.” —Max Lucado
Through our suffering, we’re being made into the likeness of Christ.
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15 esv)
 
Don't miss God's grace.