Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Intentional Response


What if someone said to you, “How can you say that Jesus is the only way?” We should respond not by getting offended but by getting excited. Jesus said,
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” —John 14:1–6
Remember - “Everyone is searching; not everyone knows it.” Here are three things we can do:
1. I should realize the intention of Jesus’ words. It’s Good News!
2. I must recognize the inclusivity of Jesus’ words. His words are not exclusive; they’re inclusive!
3. I will respond to the invitation in Jesus’ words. “I am the way”.  Notice that He doesn’t say, “I can show you the way.” He doesn’t say, “I will lead the way.” He doesn’t say, “I will give you directions, I will draw you a map.” He says, “I am the way.” He is not only the way TO heaven. He is the way OUT of darkness, the way OUT of sin, the way OUT of emptiness. He is the way of freedom from guilt, of deliverance from shame and death and despair.
Respond to Jesus’ invitation and find the object of your heart’s quest in Him. Wherever you were born, whatever you’ve done, however badly you’ve blown it, whether or not you’ve got issues, Jesus extends an invitation to you today. You don’t have to apply, you don’t have to qualify, because the invitation is universal … not exclusive … it is for everyone. It is for you. Amen?