Saturday, February 27, 2016

Metamorphosis


Metamorphosis is a biological process by which an animal physically develops after birth or hatching, involving a conspicuous and relatively abrupt change in the animal's body structure through growth and transformation.
God uses nature to teach us spiritual lessons.  The metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a butterfly is one example of this.  As human beings, we are meant to grow: physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  
God's plan for us can be found in Romans 8:29 it says that we are to be "conformed to the image of His son." To become like Christ is our ultimate goal! That involves change and a movement from God.
In Ezekiel 36:26-27, God says, "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you.  I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.  
Use the new heart and spirit that God gives believers to grow, change, and be all He desires.
Amen?