Friday, February 19, 2016

Love Intentions

What can happen to the love you first experienced when you were saved? According to Revelation 2:2-5:  we can still do doing "good" things but have lost our first love.

 “I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot endure evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false; and you have perseverance and have endured for My name’s sake, and have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first …” Revelation 2:2-5 (NAS)

Three STEPS to Recovering that Love:

1. REMEMBER  what first love was like.
2. REPENT - I recognize that where I am is not where I am supposed to be. So, I turn and move toward where I am supposed to be.
“Let's take a good look at the way we're living and reorder our lives under God.” Lamentations 3:40 (MSG)
3. REPEAT -DO WHAT YOU USED TO DO 
“Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.” Philippians 3:16 (MSG)
“…Live by the Spirit…the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control…” Galatians 5:16, 22-23 (NIV)
 "Having started the ball rolling so enthusiastically, you should carry this project through to completion just as gladly…Let your enthusiastic idea at the start be equaled by your realistic action now." 2 Corinthians 8:11 (LB)
What are your intention towards God?
How about tell and show that you love Him! Amen?