Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Loving Church



Do you see yourself in the disciple Peter? We really do love Jesus; we just have trouble putting that love into action. When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.” The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. - John 21:15-17



Jesus comes for us at moments like these. He knows that we love Him, and He wants us to know it too. He has something to give us that we cannot live without. He has something important to tell us about our future. He wants us to be as passionate about His church as He is.

Jesus is not here to condemn, but to ask each of us a question. Will you follow me? Caring deeply about what Jesus cares about is our true calling. Follow Jesus - love His church. Amen?