Sunday, November 10, 2013

Boast in God

This is what the Lord says: “Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord. Jeremiah 9: 23-24

We see that our own wisdom, strength, and power will not save us. Only Christ alone can save us. God cares about what is inside of us not the exterior.

A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.  No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God. Romans 2:28-29

How does God want to use you? What is stopping Him?

Make this prayer/declaration personal as you read:

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth,  a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him. - David Psalm 40:1-3

May you always place yourself in the Potter’s hands.

Be wise today and always - see and fear the Lord and put our trust in Him.