Sunday, November 17, 2013

Restoration and Hope

The most famous two verses in Jeremiah are found in Chapter 29.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13
Chapter 29 contains two letters to the captives in Babylon:
1. The first letter recommends them to be patient and composed. (1-19)
2. In the second, judgments are denounced against the false prophets who deceived them. (20-32)

We do find Restoration and Hope in Jeremiah 29:10-14

God’s Word - 10 This is what the Lord says:

Completion of exile (consequence of sin) - “When seventy years are completed for Babylon,

God’s promise - I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place.

God’s plan - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,

God has our future in mind - “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Our response to God’s goodness - 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Cause and Effect - 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Godly outcome -  14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
 
Be wise today and always - accept all God has for you and apply it to your life.