Saturday, January 4, 2014

Reason for Jesus

Immanuel means God with us. During His ministry time on earth Jesus was constantly asked, Why have you come to us? On thirteen occasions in the New Testament Gospels He answered this question with,  I have come…”.

Matthew 9:13 - I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have come to call sinners in to righteousness.”

John 5:43 - I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

John 6:38 - For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

John 7:29 - but I have come from God and he sent me to you.”

John 12:46 -  I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

No sense of calling or mission has ever been more apparent. Jesus came to us, meaning He left somewhere else for the most important ministry – to the lost. That means all of us!

Have you let Him “come” in to your life completely?

Be wise today and always – allow Jesus to make His home in your heart.