Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Power of Grace

The book of Acts is the history of the church of Jesus Christ. It tells of how the Holy Spirit came upon that original church of 120 and God moving in a powerful way. Many were saved and the church had it's most rapid growth ever. The phrase "God's grace" is found three times in this great book.

With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all. - Acts 4:33

[ Stephen Seized ] Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power, performed great wonders and signs among the people. - Acts 6:8

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. - Acts 20:24

It seems to me that there is a "spiritual equation" at work here.

Testimony of God's grace = Power or God's Power can be found through living out and telling the world of His grace (found in Jesus).  It is what Christ followers are called to do. Testify and Christ will empower you!

What's stopping us? God gives us all we need through Jesus Christ. As my old Pastor use to say, "Use it before you lose it!".

Receive and testify to God's grace to someone today. It will make an eternal difference!