Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wet Feet

How do you deal with hurts in life? The reality is we’ve all been hurt. Hurts are part of the human condition. Have you ever heard, “Hurt people hurt people.”?

Even though we all hurt we are responsible for how we respond. Retaliation has its appeal, but Jesus has a better idea.

Jesus sets the example.

“Jesus knew that the Father had given him authority over everything and that he had come from God and would return to God. So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him.” (John 13:3–5 nlt)

Jesus’ command.

“And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought     to wash each other’s feet. I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you.” (John 13:14–15 nlt)

“Then Peter came to Him and said, ‘Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.’” (Matthew 18:21–22 nkjv)
 
Don't miss accepting God's grace and using it in your life.