Monday, October 8, 2018

Turn to God's Grace

Everyone will go through difficult times. Troubles can educate us; they can build our character and help us develop patience, humility, and strength if we choose to let them. But still, Many of us spend our lives thinking “Why me? Why is my life hard? Why do I have to struggle? Why do I have to suffer loss? Why, why, why?” 

We are promised that one thing is for sure – there will always be trouble in this world. It rains on the good (just, righteous) and the bad (unjust, unrighteous).  We will never understand our need for Jesus until we lament in our need for God. Let's take a look at Job's journey: 

Job’s RealizationJob 9:33 -  If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together,

Job’s Redeemer -Job 16:19 - Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. I know my Redeemer lives!

Job’s Rejection -Job 19:2 - “How long will you torment me and crush me with words?

The answer for Job is not that he got his stuff back after his troubles, but that he got God back. That will always be the most important thing. Amen?