Saturday, March 22, 2014

Change Today

No one really likes change, but change is a part of life that we should more readily embrace. Consider how things changed in the account of Jesus appearing to Mary Magdalene after He rose from the dead.  Now Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb  and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus’ body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.  They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?” “They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.  He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?” Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”  Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).  Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”John 20:11-17

Jesus was telling Mary, Don’t hold on, things are going to be different”. Life as she knew it was changed forever.

Do you ever find yourself trying to make your life how it used to be, only to find out that you really couldn't? God desires us to grow in our faith every day. He wants us to have "right" minds, bodies, and hearts to glorify Him. Our focus should be on the truth of God's Word and apply it to our lives.

Does your life today look anything like you would have imagined it 5, 10, or 20 years ago? Is there some things you would like to see changed? Many of us feel that change is impossible, but Jesus said, All things are possible with God. Don't give up. Turn your wants, needs, and cares to Him. He is able! Begin today with a new plan for your life. God promises, But I will restore your health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord. - Jeremiah 30:17 

Change your life today. Read The Daniel Plan by Rick Warren, and check out the Daniel Plan Website Here