Sunday, March 16, 2014

Friends Show It

Have you ever been let down by people who you thought were your friends? I have, and it hurts. It makes you wonder if friends are worth the bother especially if they are not going to support you when you need them most. The fifth element of The Daniel Plan deals with friends. We all need people in our lives that will encourage us and be a positive influence.

When you are making life changes in your faith, diet, fitness, and with your mind you are going to need someone who will journey with you. That’s where the rubber meets the road and your talk and walk matches up. I am constantly amazed at how quick people can turn on you and not be supportive.

Within the body of Christ followers we are told to: “Share each other’s troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ.” – Galatians 6:6 I have my wife and a good friend that I work with who helps me obey this principle. We do not judge each other but keep each other accountable to God’s Word.

This model should be practiced by all believers. In fact Jesus says: “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” – John 13:34-35

So we show Jesus to the world and our dedication to Him by how we love one another. Sounds like a habit worth forming. Doesn’t it?

Jesus can change your life - heart, mind, body, soul, and habits. Be proactive - seek and you will find. Read The Daniel Plan by Rick Warren (full of God's Word) and check out the Daniel Plan Website Here