Friday, October 24, 2014

Loving Jesus

Usually when we hear of someone that is sinning and being disobedient the last thing we'd expect is for them to break out in praise. Consider the following prayer.
I was as far down as a body can go,
    and the gates were slamming shut behind me forever
Yet you pulled me up from that grave alive,
    O God, my God!
When my life was slipping away,
    I remembered God,
And my prayer got through to you,
    made it all the way to your Holy Temple.
Those who worship hollow gods, god-frauds,
    walk away from their only true love.
But I’m worshiping you, God,
    calling out in thanksgiving!
And I’ll do what I promised I’d do!
    Salvation belongs to God!”*
Do you know who this is? It's Jonah! After he was throne over board and swallowed by a "big fish", he decided to that he should turn to God. Life is easier and better to follow God's direction from the beginning. Jesus said in John 14:15, 15 “If you love me, keep my commands".
Today and always love Jesus - focus on and be obedient to Him.
*Jonah 2:6-10 The Message