Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Remembering

 I have gone to a lot of conferences and heard many different speakers. I will take a lot of notes, but have you noticed it usually can be summed up with one well formed phrase. Today I'm sharing some from three of my favorite speakers.

Andy Stanley:
 
“Past boldness is no assurance of future boldness. Boldness demands continual reliance on God's spirit.”

What you fear most will determine whether you merely save for the future or give for the future.”

Chris Brown:
 
Seek to fulfill your calling, not your potential.

Let me ask you a simple question: If the Holy Spirit left your ministry today, how long would it take for you to find out?

Bill Hybels:

God's presence is with you, but you have to make a choice to believe - and I mean, really believe - that this is true. This conscious decision is yours alone.
 
Be wise today and always - be moved from your potential in to your calling.