Saturday, June 15, 2013

Be Passionate

In Acts 26:19-23, Paul spoke boldly before King Agrippa. He never lost sight of what sharing Jesus with the world is all about. Paul models the passion of fulfilling the Great Commission in sharing God’s plan of salvation with those who are in front of us.
19 “So then, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven.
20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds. 21 That is why some Jews seized me in the temple courts and tried to kill me. 22 But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen— 23 that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles.”
 Here are three questions we can ask ourselves when the flame of passion for our witness needs to be rekindled.

What has God called me to do specifically for Him?

How am I sharing the Word of God to those before to me?

Do I ask for God’s help daily to achieve the impossible task set before me?

Be wise today and always - be passionate about changing the world - one person at a time.